How I afford to travel as a Student


I know a lot of you guys want to travel and looking ways on how to save up for travelling. I don't have a job as well and I am dependent with my allowance. I remember, I need to save for 5 months on my first travel. If you want something, you need to do something and I want to share that with you. I'm going to tell to you on how I save up for my travels. I want to say that this may not work with anyone but it works for me.

Budgeting, I monitor the in and out of my savings account. I want to know on what are the things I need to limit and what I really need. In this part, I also compute on how much what I need for a week or how much would my next travel cost, so that I will have an idea or goal on how much I need to save. I simply put it on my notebook designated for financial matters (Monthly Expense, Expense Breakdown, Monthly Bills and Subscription, Goals, and etc.). I always track my finances even on small amounts. By using this, you can allocate your allowance so that you are aware on where did your money go. I'm trying to say is you need to organize your money first.

Pay yourself first. I love this idea. Basically, you need to set a side a certain amount of money every time you get your allowance or income. For example:

 1,500 Weekly Allowance
x 10%  Percent you want to keep.
_____________________
 150 Money you pay for yourself.

You can change the percentage of amount you want to keep or stick with a certain value. The thing here is, even you keep a small amount, over time it will be big and enough for travel funds. You can place it on your Bank Account, Jar, Piggy bank, or somewhere safe and you wouldn't touch until you reach your goal.

Wait for sale and promo. You can book roundtrip international flights for as low as ₱ 2,000 on selected budget airlines or buy your travel equipment such as bag, shoes, travel wallet, luggage, and etc. on mall sales. All you need to do is monitor them and wait.

Here are the sites I usually look and wait.
Transportation:
  • Cebu Pacific Air 
  • Air Asia
  • Philippine Airlines
Booking Sites
  • KKDay (Activity, Internet, Transportation, etc.)
  • Klook (Activity, Internet, Transportation, etc.)
  • Traveloka (Flights and Accommodation)
  • EasyBook (Train Ticket, Car Rental, Ferry Ticket & Bus Tickets)
Look for extra source of income. What I did is, I declutter some of the things in my room. I post it in my Carousell (Buying and Selling Platform), I manage to earn ₱ 4,000+ in less than a week. I know it is not enough to fund my travel but still it helps. I am also looking for part time jobs and try to apply. This is not only to fund my travel, but to help my family to less the expenses. All you need is to be smart and find a way on how to earn money, it's either sell something, do paid services (like drawing, writing, transcribing, etc.), apply for a part time job or apply for student assistant on your school, and more as long as it is legal and good.

To be honest, all you need to do is too be smart and be determined to get your goal. You need to find ways on how you will get you goal. Being a student is not an excuse for not travelling. You don't need a lot of money to travel, just save a certain amount that could work and fund your stay. I hope this blog helps and able to achieve your goal.

Comments