How to Apply Chinese Tourist Visa as a Student without Guarantor


I am going to tell you my experience in Applying for Chinese Visa. I applied mine in Manila last July 31, 2019. It was pretty smooth procedure actually, no hassle at all. I applied for Chinese Visa because I am going to make a Tri-city Trip in Hong Kong - Macau - Shenzhen this October and I can't enter Shenzhen, China if I don't have a visa.  I was a bit hesitated on applying one since I am a student, have no work, and rely on my allowance for my travel. I don't ask anyone for money to travel, I usually save up or look for other source of income.

I am so happy that I got approved a visa despite my status. As possible I don't want to apply a visa having a sponsor.

Disclaimer: This process is based on my experience, requirements may differ depending on the individual. I suggest to go in ph.china-embassy.org (China Embassy Website) for more information.

Requirements:
Note: Application Form, Cover Letters and Photocopies of Documents must be printed or placed in A4 Size Bond Paper. You can also read the full requirements in ph.china-emabssy.org.
  1. Passport (with 6 Months Validity)
  2. Photocopy of Passport Bio Page
  3. Photocopy of Passport Emergency Page
  4. Old or Previous Passport (All Old Passport released on 2015 should be submitted)
  5. Visa Application Form (Should not be handwritten)
  6. Photocopy of Plane Booking.
  7. Photocopy of Accommodation.
  8. Bank Certificate of Deposit Balance.
  9. Bank Statement.
  10. Certificate of Enrollment.
  11. Certificate of Matriculation. (Optional)
  12. Photocopy of School I.D.
  13. Cover Letter (Explaining no ITR).

Day of Application:
1. Go to China Embassy in the Philippines, I applied mine in Makati (World Trade Centre Building, in front of Mapua Makati)


Once you enter, go to the elevator with the sign "Chinese Embassy, 2nd Floor". It is up to you if you want to use the elevator or stairs.


2. In front of Chinese Embassy, there will be security check, you will need to scan your bag as well before you enter. Once you enter, you need to get a number for application.


There will be seven windows. I don't know what is 1-3 window is for, window 4 and 5 is for applications, window 6 is releasing, and window 7 is for payment. In the photo, as you can see, there is a piece of paper indicating "6-10" and "11-15", it means they will entertain the number between those number. All you need to do is wait your turn.


3. Once you submitted your application and they see no problem with your requirements, you will receive this "Pickup Form". Soooooo the waiting game begins.


Day of Claiming:
Same with the first and second procedure, you need to get a number and wait for you turn.

You need to wait your turn to pay at the a payment booth, once you paid your visa, you need to hold you receipt and fall in line in releasing booth.


Once you claimed your passport, scan your passport page for Chinese Visa, and Congratulations, your done.

How much did I need in my Bank Account?
I have around  ₱ 50,000 only. I heard some travel agencies, they require ₱ 100,000. I want to say that any amount will do, it is up to the consul if you will be granted.

What did I write in my Cover Letter?
Note: I wrote this Cover Letter based on my current Situation.

To: Embassy of the People's Republic of China in the Republic of the Philippines
RE: Visa Application

1st Paragraph: Explaining why I don't have ITR and where did I get my money for this trip.
2nd Paragraph: Informing them that I already booked my flight and my airfare has been deducted from my bank account.
3rd Paragraph: My intention of visit in Shenzhen, China.
4th Paragraph: Closing my Cover Letter.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Respectfully,
Insert Name

How long did I wait?
I waited for 5 days only. (excluding weekends)

July 31, 2019 - I go to China Embassy and submitted all my requirements
August 5, 2019 - I claimed my Passport

How much did I spend for this Chinese Visa?
₱ 1,400 for Single Entry. Price may vary on what type or how many entries you want. You can see the Visa Fee and Processing Time in ph.china-embassy.org

TIP
  • Go early as possible, the embassy open at 9:00 AM but there's a lot of people are already inside and there is queue already. 
  • Make sure you have complete requirements, if you lack some requirements, you need to get them and get a new number even you just need to photocopy something.
  • Dress properly since you are entering embassy premises.
  • Prepare a ID to leave on the lobby to get a visitor pass and enter the building.



Comments

  1. Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I'd like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post. If you are looking for china visa new york then visacenter.us is the good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Complete rich content and fully informative. Very well written article. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. Buy UK passport online.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment