How did I make my travels budget friendly



As a student and a person who loves to travel, it is hard for me to earn or save up for my travels. I have tried so many things so that I could afford to travel without relying on anyone. Since I am a student, I am mostly dependent on my allowance. That is why I keep looking on ways on how to get the best deals, looking for other ways to earn, and make the most out of it. 

Saving up for travel and making it a budget-friendly is depend on your willingness. There is a lot of tips and tricks posted online and I for myself look and tried several of those. I listed here the things that helped me to accomplish my goal to save up for travel.

 Disclaimer: All the things listed in this blog are based on my personal experiences and preferences.


Image by Torsten Dettlaf via Pexel
 1. Wait for Promo Fares and Discount Deals
If you really want to make your trip budget-friendly, you need to be patient. Follow all budget airlines and booking sites for you to get updated when they got a sale or promo going on. You need to be alert and online for you to get deals. 

GET SOME DISCOUNT
AIRBNB
Get ₱1,600 off on your first Adventure. Register in Airbnb now.

KLOOK
Get ₱160 off on your first Activity.
Register in Klook now.


Image by Element5 Digital via Pexel 
2. Plan your itinerary well
I love this part of traveling because this will give you an idea or overview of your day. In this part, it also includes travel expenses which can be useful to prepare your budget on how much you will need for you to make your trip. 

I posted some of my itinerary here in my blog along with the budget expense. You are free to copy my itinerary and edit it tailored to your preferences. Here are some samples of the itinerary that I have made. 


Image by Pixabay via Pexel 
 3. Instead of Booking in Hotel, try Hostel or Airbnb
Booking in a hotel for your accommodation can hurt your wallet since most of them are expensive. There are a lot of alternatives you can book like Airbnb and HostelWorld which is more cheaper. Plus when you are traveling, you are going to be outside most of the time, so booking a nice hotel could be a waste. 

Image by JÉSHOOTS via Pexel 
 4. Try local transportation
I know the convenience of riding a taxi in a foreign country. It is going to make your trip easier and more comfortable but it is very expensive. There is a lot of alternatives and a lot cheaper you can try, I personally prefer subways or train since they are commonly used and easier to go-to place in my itinerary. 

Image by Porapak Apichodilok via Pexel 
 5. Be minimalist
One of the things that makes your plane ticket so expensive is your additional baggage allowance. Bringing a lot of stuff while you are traveling or backpacking could be a hassle since you need to bring it with you and keep them safe. I am trying to make my baggage less than 7 kilograms so that it would not be too hard for me to carry all of my things and you have fewer things to worry about.

ANOTHER TIP: Bring your own empty water bottle. It will wave you a lot of money from airports and outside the country. 

I hope the things I mentioned here can help you to make your trip on a budget. Traveling is not for people with money only, everyone can travel even in a short distance. There is a lot of places you can to go and cheaper than the other. Your budget does not define your travel. 

Comments